If you have a lot of products, then you can enable subgroups to help your customers sort your products:
- Define your groups. In the image above, the groups are Brand, Focal Length, and Resolution.
- Export all your products into a .csv file.
- Prepend all existing tags with the name of the group you want them to be in, with the format Group_Tag Name. For this example, some of the tags would be Brand_Canon, Focal Length_18 – 55mm, and Resolution_12 MP. The left side of the underscore is the group name, and the right side is the tag for the product. Spaces can be included on either side of the underscore.
- Save your .csv file and import the products back into your store. Make sure you check Overwrite existing products that have the same handle when uploading the file to prevent duplicate products from being created.
- Open a collection page in the theme editor preview. On the Sections tab, click Collection, and then check the By group option.
Note: If you use single quotes, double quotes or ampersands inside your product tags, then grouped filtering will not work as expected.